What on earth does one do with a 'cape'?!

Image from InStyle


You may think they're slightly ridiculous, but they're big in fashion. And boy do they remind me of Blair Waldorf. Or somebody on their way to a duel.
The cape.

You may wear a cape-styled shirt, like Michelle from Mitch In Heels showcases in her latest post [really, you've never seen someone wearing blue jeans looks so badass!].
Or you might wear a cape-styled coat on top of your outfit, keeping you classy and cosy.
But, I hear you asking - "What am I supposed to wear with it, without looking over the top?"

Well as someone very new to the whole concept of capes, I took up the challenge to style three capes all on my own. Inspired by Michelle; here they are:





I think I like the middle the best, because it's got a sort of vintage look to it, and I like the lighter tones and floaty dress with the dramatic structure of the cape. 
The last outfit I tried to style as something you might wear on a sexy dinner date. I can imagine a woman rocking up to the restaurant in the dark cape and taking it off to reveal a stunning red dress beneath that turns heads. 

Which do you prefer? Can you see yourself ever investing in a cape?  

xZ

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Yeeee it's gorgeous hey! I think I'd definitely want a cape in that colour if I ever got one.
      What would you choose to wear with it?

      Thanks for commenting, Happy Easter ^_^

      Delete
  2. Thanks for mentioning me darling!! great post again..love your ideas,so stylish.keep posting love,xoxox..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts and love here.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. :)

xZ